Special Services in 2020
On special occasions throughout the year, our Sunday parish mass is followed by a church lunch and party. Everyone is welcome – there is always plenty of food.
Candlemas – Sunday 2 February 2020 St Christopher’s Day (our Patronal Festival) – Sunday 19 July 2020 Harvest Festival – Sunday 6 October 2020
We also hold special services on important days of the Christian year:
Ash Wednesday – 26 February 2020, 6pm
Holy Week: Sunday 5 – 12 April 2020
- Palm Sunday, 10am: Parish mass with procession
- Holy Monday, 7.30pm: Evening Prayer
- Holy Tuesday, 7.30 pm: Evening Prayer
- Holy Wednesday, 7.30pm: Evening Prayer
- Maundy Thursday, 7.30pm: Mass followed by vigil until midnight
- Good Friday, 12 noon: Stations of the Cross
- Good Friday, 1.30pm: Liturgy of Good Friday
- Holy Saturday, 8pm: Easter Vigil with lighting of the Easter fire
- Easter Day, 10am: Parish mass
Ascension Day – 21 May 2020, Evening Prayer at 7.30pm
Pembroke College Visit
Every year we visit Pembroke College, Cambridge due to our membership of the Pembroke College Settlement – the strong historic relationship between Pembroke House, the community centre in which we’re based, and Pembroke College. We very much enjoy our visits to the College, including worship in the historic Chapel and exploring the beautiful gardens of Pembroke College!
In 2019 our Young Adults Bible study organised a parish picnic after church one Sunday. It was great fun and we look forward to organising it again in 2020.