St Christopher’s Church is committed to making sure that everyone can worship and grow in Christ safely. We recognise that we have a particular duty of care towards children, young people and vulnerable adults.
If you have any concern about the safety or wellbeing of a child, young person or vulnerable adult, please contact one of our Safeguarding Officers or one of the other contacts below as soon as possible. These concerns will always be dealt with quickly and sensitively.
Our policies and procedures follow the advice and guidance outlined in the Diocese of Southwark safeguarding manual, A Safe Church. You can read our church Safeguarding Policy below:
We have two Safeguarding Officers appointed by the PCC who work closely with the ministry team and churchwardens to make sure that St Christopher’s remains a safe place.
Safeguarding contacts – St Christopher’s Church
Priest in Charge, The Revd Ellen Eames
Office: 020 7703 3803 Home: 020 7703 9504 Mobile: 07419 121950
Safeguarding Officer, Anna Opare-Addo
Mobile: 07450 544048
Safeguarding Officer, Biyi Odusanya
Mobile: 07838 394054
Churchwarden, Bett Llewelyn
Mobile 07729 802919
Churchwarden, Tunde Oyemade
Mobile: 07958 102841
Safeguarding Contacts – Diocese of Southwark
You can also contact the Diocese of Southwark Safeguarding team directly:
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Kate Singleton email@example.com
Office: 020 7939 9423 Mobile: 07982 279713 (for urgent matters out of hours)
Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Marie Daly
firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 020 7939 9441 Mobile: 07946 255295
Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Louise Vernon email@example.com Office: 020 7939 9462 Mobile: 07946 255622
Where to find help and advice
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Childline: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 ( free phone Monday to Friday 9- 5pm).
- Solace: free advice and support to women and children in London who have experienced domestic abuse.