St. Christopher’s is advertising for a Children’s, Youth & Families’ Minister!
35 hours a week. £25 0000. Accommodation available.
Applications: 31 July 2017
Interviews: 3 August 2017
Click here for the Role Description!
Wednesday – 6pm – Quiet Mass
Thursday – 10am – Quiet Mass and 11:40 Bible Study, followed by Lunch Club
First Sunday of the Month – 4pm – Messy Church
We pray for the people who live in this area each and every day. If you would like us to pray for you or someone you know, please let us know.
It was great to celebrate St. Christopher’s Day on 31st July! Thank you, Archdeacon Jane Steen, for preaching a great sermon for us, and to everybody who brought delicious food for the shared lunch afterwards!
We had lots of fun celebrating Pentecost at St. Christopher’s. We read the Gospel in 6 different languages, and celebrated with an All-Age Mass!
It was great celebrating Ascension Day at St. Christopher’s on Thursday 5th May. We had a quiet Mass, followed by pizza and fireworks!
It was good to share in the mystery of Christ’s Passion and Resurrection together at St. Christopher’s. We had our usual Palm Sunday Service outside with a procession around the Parish, and our Stations on the Cross also took place around the Parish again this year. It was particularly moving to share a meal as part of this year’s service on Maundy Thursday to commemorate the Last Supper that Jesus shared with his friends. Thank you to everybody who helped to spring clean the Church on Easter Saturday in preparation for Easter. We had our usual Easter Vigil Service at dawn on Easter Sunday, and Parish Mass on Easter Sunday was followed by a noisy and joyful Easter Egg hunt for our Children’s Church. A special thank you to Zacc for transforming the Church so beautifully to aid our worship all week, and to Chris Rogers, our placement student who got stuck in with everything during Holy Week and Easter!
- We celebrated Mothering Sunday on 5th March by hearing stories from the congregation, and thinking more about how experiences of mothering or own mothers teach us more about God. It was lovely to hear prayers from the children, and to have an annual photograph of our Mother’s Union.
- It was lovely to welcome the Ven. Dr. Jane Steen, Archdeacon of Southwark, to Parish Mass on Sunday 21st February.
- The children of St. Christopher’s Children’s Church enjoyed taking part in a special craft activity during Parish Mass on Sunday 14th February. Click here for more information on the children’s and youth churches at St. Christopher’s.
- It was great to welcome Bishop Michael, Bishop Christopher and over 150 people to Mthr. Mae and her husband Andrew’s wedding blessing on Saturday 13th February. The service was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the dancing was great! Congratulations Mthr. Mae and Andrew from everyone at St. Christopher’s!
- On Ash Wednesday this year, Fr David, Mthr Mae, and Rachael offered Ash and prayers to people who wanted it at different points around our Parish. A good number of people wanted to receive the sign of the cross on their forehead in ash to signal the beginning of the season of repentance and as a sign of our own mortality. It was good to share this aspect of our worship outside of our Church building and in our Parish.
- On Sunday 24th January, we enjoyed a brief trip to Southwark Cathedral. Evensong was amazing, and it was great to have a guided tour of the cathedral afterwards. We were also very glad to find the stone with “St. Christopher’s, Walworth” in the link too!
- As well as celebrating the Baptism of Jesus on Sunday 10th January, we also gave thanks for the birth of our newest member at St. Christopher’s. It was good to celebrate this together in prayer, praise and a party in St. Christopher’s style! We were also very glad to welcome our guest preacher Canon Leanne Roberts from Southwark Cathedral for her sermon on God’s calling and vocations.
- We kept the feast of Epiphany at St. Christopher’s on Sunday 6th January.
- The first All-Age Service of 2016 was held at St. Christopher’s on Sunday 3rd January. We’re all looking forward to the next one on Sunday 7th February! The first Sunday of the month will be an All-Age Service at St. Christopher’s. Please contact Fr. David, Mthr. Mae or Rachael if you would like more information about these services or if you would like to get involved. Please also let us know if you would be interested in helping with the Crèche, Children’s Church or Youth Church which all take place during the 10am Parish Mass Services on most Sundays.
- Congratulations from everyone at St. Christopher’s to Mthr. Mae and her husband, Andrew on their marriage in early January! They will have a blessing on their marriage in a special service on Saturday 13th February.
- We also enjoyed the Advent Bible Study course at St. Christopher’s on Thursdays during the month of December. If you’d be interested in helping to lead or in attending discussions of this kind in the future, please contact Fthr. David, Mthr. Mae or Rachael to see how you could be involved.
- The Children’s Church designed some pictures to go on the pew sheets for the services on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. You can see a few of their designs above!
- It was great to see the Children’s Church’s Nativity Play on Sunday 21st December – even the baby playing Jesus was very well-behaved!
- The Children’s Church and Youth Church celebrated the second Sunday of Advent at St. Christopher’s with their own Christingle Service. We all enjoyed listening to them sing “This Little Light of Mine” with their Christingles at the end of Parish Mass on 6th December.
- It was lovely to welcome the choir of Pembroke College, Cambridge on Saturday 5th December for our Annual Advent Carol Service. We very much enjoyed their fantastic singing, and it was good to share a meal with them after the Service in recognition of Charles Turner’s birthday.
- We celebrated the First Sunday of Advent at St. Christopher’s on 29th November 2015. It was amazing to hear the thoughts and reflections of all those people (both children and adults!) who had been reading St. Luke’s Gospel over the last month in preparation for Advent Sunday. The Children’s Church were also very happy to receive their “real” Advent Calendars.
- St. Christopher’s Children’s and Youth Churches are busy preparing for Advent and Christmas. Please speak to or e-mail the Pastoral Assistant or Mthr. Mae if you’d like more information about their preparations!
- We kept Remembrance Sunday at St. Christopher’s on Sunday 8th November.
- On Sunday 1st November, we very much enjoyed visiting Pembroke College, Cambridge for our annual church trip. Thank you, Pembroke College, for all of your hospitality!
- On Thursday 29th October, our Youth Church headed to Waterloo to help sort out donations for the “Harvest for Hope” Appeal to support the current refugee crisis. Thank you to everybody who supported the appeal this year.
- To mark St. Luke’s Day on Sunday 18th October, we offered the Sacrament of Healing during Parish Mass.
- On Sunday 11th October, we celebrated our Harvest Festival.
- Christmas Mission Stall at the East Street Market
- Advent Bible Studies Series 2013
- Pictures from Community Supper after the Advent Carol Service