At Pembroke House, we believe that being actively involved in your community can have a positive impact on your health and wellbeing. That’s why we’ve launched a Wellbeing Programme, enabling people who are interested in improving their sense of wellbeing to get involved in community activities at our centre.
We offer a friendly, safe and supportive space for anyone and everyone from the local area to get involved in a range of community activities, and an inclusive volunteering programme, tailored to each person’s interests and needs. If someone comes to us with an idea for a community project or initiative, we can also provide support to get things up and running. We’ve also been working to partner with health service providers across Southwark to encourage them to refer patients into the programme.
The programme is open to all; including people with experience of mental illness and aims to encourage people to improve their sense of wellbeing by:
- Helping others and feeling a sense of purpose;
- Creating meaningful change in our local community;
- Meeting and building connections with local people;
- Learning new skills;
- Being more physically active;
- Building up skills and experience for employment.
Examples of how participants can get involved:
- Learning the basics of growing flowers, fruit and vegetables in our community garden;
- Helping prepare a hot meal every week for our Lunch Club for the over 50s;
- Developing IT skills in our office as a Volunteer Administrative Assistant;
- Singing with the Choir With No Name, a choir for people who have experienced homelessness.
If you’re interested in learning more about this or getting involved, please call the office on 0207 703 3803, or email email@example.com.
We also host the Southwark Wellbeing Hub’s drop-in service at our centre, which provides information and support to anyone living in Southwark who is worried about their wellbeing, or that of someone close to them. Please check their website for more information or get in touch to find out the times of the drop-in.